4 Egg Whites
1C White Sugar (warmed**)
Pinch of Salt
1/2t Vanilla Essence
1. Beat the egg whites with a small pinch of sugar until stiff peaks form
2. Slowly add the warmed sugar to the egg whites, while still beating. Beat until glossy.
3. Add the vinegar and vanilla essence, beat until combined.
4. Pile up on a baking tray and smooth out slightly into a circle shape
5. Heat oven to 150, turn the temperature down to 120 when you put the pavlova in the oven, bake for 1.5 hours
6. Once completely cool, top with whipped cream and fresh berries
**Warm the sugar to help it mix with the egg whites, do this by spreading it out on the baking tray and warming in the oven or on baking paper in the slow cooker
Slow Cooker Instructions
- The recipe is the same, when cooking you need to line the slow cooker with non stick cooking paper, then pile up the pavlova mixture and spread into a circle shape.
- Place a tea towel under the lid of the slow cooker to prevent condensation building up and dripping onto the pavlova.
- Cook on high for 2 hours (depending on the temperature that your slow cooker sets at), or until a crust forms on the outside (it wont get a crust on the top, but you will be able to feel when it is cooked through)